Webinar: Medicare's Direct Contracting Program is Live: What You Need to Know
Thursday, July 29, 2021, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
*Webinar is in Eastern Time*
- Ginger Biesbrock, PA-C, MPH, MPAS, FACC
Executive Vice President, Care Transformation, MedAxiom
- Keely Macmillan, Archway Health
- Mike Phillips, Archway Health
Medicare's Global and Professional Direct Contracting (GPDC) model, which went live April 1, 2021, strives to lower spending and transform healthcare delivery through novel payment arrangements, unique beneficiary incentives and a high risk/reward proposition for participants. There are 53 Direct Contracting Entities (DCEs) active in the program, with dozens more set to join in January 2022.
Success in GPDC will be reserved for entities that create robust, high-value preferred provider networks that are inclusive of whole-patient care. With cardiovascular related diagnoses driving upwards of 30%-40% of total spending, cardiology groups have a key role to play as both participants and partners for DCEs seeking to control cost.
DCEs will be actively looking to contract with high-value cardiologists in their markets. Join this webinar to be prepared. This webinar will cover:
- The need-to-know features of the GPDC program
- Where DCEs are located and how they affect market dynamics
- Potential payment arrangements for cardiac conditions and/or procedures
- Considerations for engaging with DCEs in your market