pMD Billing Specialist
The medical software industry is experiencing a revolution, and pMD is looking for a qualified and dedicated Billing Specialist who has the talent and drive to change it forever. You'll have a huge impact on health care in America by using cutting edge technology to increase reimbursement for physicians and make payment seamless for patients.
As a Billing Specialist, you’ll be responsible for processing and filing insurance claims and working with customers and their patients on all aspects of the revenue cycle. You are extremely detailed and well-versed in billing software, medical insurance regulations, and your proactive follow-up produces results when working with patients and insurance companies. You are obsessed with efficiency, bring an analytical mindset, and are excited to work with our software engineers to develop exceptional billing software. You’re motivated by the opportunity to grow your career and do the work you love while helping both physicians and patients. You have a demonstrated aptitude for working well with people, and the desire to jump in and contribute. You’ll be able to create and improve processes and help pMD develop world-class billing software.
At pMD, you’ll wear many hats, have a lot of responsibility, and be part of an exciting, smart, and creative team. We’re profitable, have extremely happy customers, and make up a team of people as talented and passionate as you are. We love what we do and care about doing good in the world. We strive to work like a beautifully engineered electric car: fast, efficient, and fun.
- have a passion for improving health care through technology
- bring at least two years of experience as a medical biller or in a related healthcare administrative position, plus a lifetime of curiosity
- have an eye for details, organizational systems, and the big picture
- were a software usability tester in another life
- are proactive, independent, and have fantastic communication skills
- have outstanding customer service skills and enjoy working with patients can use discretion when presented with sensitive information and confidential matters
- learn quickly and work carefully
- are a small, mission-driven team passionate about making a difference
- have a track record of success as a fast-growing private company. We’ve made the Inc. 5000 fastest growing company list for eight consecutive years, and in 2018 we made the SF Business Times Fast 100 fastest growing company list as well
- inhabit a beautiful building on San Francisco’s north waterfront
- love what we do! Our employees rated us 5/5 on Glassdoor and we received “Best Place to Work” awards from SF Business Times,Modern Healthcare, and Inc. Magazine
- love our customers - and they love us! We have over 1,200 glowing reviews on our website
- provide fun perks like 100% of health insurance premiums covered, virtual happy hours, wellness programs, and much more!
At pMD, you can grow as quickly as you want to – our startup environment means nothing is holding you back from doing your best work. You’ll be able to see the impact of your work immediately, experience aspects of the business beyond billing, and you’ll hear from our clients how your efforts have improved their lives.