Chief Operating Officer - Chesapeake & Washington Heart Care - Washington, D.C
Chesapeake & Washington Heart Care (CWHC) is the pre-eminent independent cardiology practice in Southern Maryland, a suburb of Washington DC. CWHC has provided quality cardiovascular care to the residents of Southern Maryland for 30 years. CWHC currently has 3 locations with 8 Providers and about 30 employees. We provide in-office testing in Echo, Nuclear, Stress, and EKG. We support 3 local hospitals through cardiovascular inpatient on-call contracts.
CWHC is searching for an experienced, energetic, and entrepreneurial health care leader. The ideal individual is comfortable with providing hands-on management while maintaining big picture oversight.
The COO reports to the Principal Physician to ensure that CWHC continues to provide high-quality, compassionate, value-driven care for our more than 20,000 patient visits annually. The next five-year strategic plan will emphasize growth, while continuing to focus on revenue cycle management and additional development of Information Technology strategies.
The next COO will lead the development and implementation of the strategic plan for growth, while assuring the continued financial stability of the organization, and also maintaining a congenial, professional work environment.
The new COO should have demonstrated experience of 5-10 years in the following:
• Managing Daily Operations of a busy multi-site Medical Practice to assure its effectiveness and profitability
• Proficiency with Financial Management including Banking, use of Accounting Software, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Financial statements
• Physician and Advanced Practitioner recruiting and contracting
• Full scope of Human Resources management, building a team of dedicated support staff
• Optimizing Practitioner Resources through Office and Hospital Schedules
• Expertise in Patient and Insurance billing including CPT and ICD10 coding, payor relations and contract negotiation, and Stark and Medicare billing rules
• Hospital Relations and Provider Credentialing and Licensing
• Maintenance of practice facilities and equipment
• Developing and maintaining key Vendor Relationships to ensure Purchasing Reliability
• Utilization and enhancement of Information Management systems, both software and hardware
• Compliance Program oversight including HIPAA, Privacy and Security regulations, Medicare
• Practice Marketing and Positioning
This is an ideal opportunity for the medical executive who wants to be part of the continued development of a rapidly growing cardiology practice, and who is able to make a positive effect in clinical and operational outcomes. Preference is given to candidates with prior cardiology experience.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualification for this position with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org