Associate Vice President, Cardiovascular Practice Operations - Maine Medical Partners - Portland, ME
Associate Vice President, Cardiovascular Practice Operations
- Portland, ME
- Maine Medical Partners
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Req #: 136217
The Cardiovascular Service Line is the system’s largest clinical specialty, comprised of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services, research and education under a unified leadership team. The Associate Vice President of Cardiovascular Practice Operations will be a key member of the management team, responsible for continuing to operationalize the vision and strategic priorities of the medical group. He/she will lead, guide and coordinate operations of assigned practices by providing financial analysis, strategic planning and business development. A strong communicator and relationship builder, the Associate Vice President will work together with the medical group, practice and service line leaders to achieve clinical and financial objectives.
- Work with medical group and service line leaders to identify and execute strategic opportunities.
- Oversee the implementation of the annual business and strategic plans.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the annual budget.
- Participate in the development, measurement and reporting of quality performance metrics.
- Provide supervision and mentoring of Cardiovascular Service Line Directors and Practice Operations.
- Actively embrace a culture of engagement and model best practice management behaviors that create an environment where employees are respected, recognized and motivated to perform their best work.
- Promote a Culture of Safety through the identification of risks and hazards to patients and document mitigation efforts (i.e. monitoring safety events and completing action items, RCAs and intensive reviews).
- Lead by example with regard to work ethic, positive communication, effective leadership, ethical standards and achievement by results.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Hospital Administration, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive and relevant healthcare management experience.
- Extensive experience in the disciplines of cardiovascular care.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of financial management.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, planning abilities and the ability to lead both through influence and direct authority.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills with the ability to communicate effectively and to lead a broad range of stakeholders.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills necessary to evaluate and to execute strategic initiatives, to recommend changes, and then to implement business processes.
- Interpersonal communication skills associated with managing a complex organization as well as the necessary skills to influence, to negotiate, and to resolve problems effectively and to make strategic and tactical decisions with senior leaders, department directors, physicians, and clinicians.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
For more information contact:
Executive and Provider Recruiter