The MedAxiom Consulting team is innovative, nimble and entrepreneurial. Our mission, which we share with our parent the American College of Cardiology, is to transform cardiovascular care and improve heart health. As consultants we are on the cutting edge of helping our community implement change and deliver value. Consultants believe strongly in our mission; have 7-plus years of cardiovascular experience, with at least 3 years in an administrative or leadership role; have the ability to self-promote and business develop; have excellent communication and presentation skills; possess the ability to both work independently and with a team; have keen problem-solving skills; have the ability to work with a wide range of programs and individuals; possess the ability to manage multiple complex projects at once; and have the ability to travel regularly (up to 75% of the time). Learn more about MedAxiom Consulting.
Our consultants have the opportunity to become national and even worldwide experts in niche cardiovascular content areas of their own choosing. This and the other rich experiences we perform translate into internal opportunities for professional advancement, both within MedAxiom and the College, including consulting team development and leadership, and executive level leadership, along with external opportunities for speaking and consulting engagements.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide cardiovascular consulting services to member and non-member CV programs, industry partners and other CV constituents throughout North America and around the world in the following areas:
- Vision setting and strategic planning
- Governance and leadership
- Service line development
- Operations, both inpatient and ambulatory
- Clinical integration and standardization
- Specialty clinic development and optimization
- New program development
- Workforce planning and development
- Provider compensation
- Physician / Hospital integration and alignment strategies
- Co-Management development
- Cath lab and Office Based Lab assessments, optimization and development services
- Population health
- Risk contracting
- Create written and electronic content around the above, working closely with internal MedAxiom and American College of Cardiology (ACC) resources
- Present and speak in front of large and small groups
- Business develop both personally and on behalf of MedAxiom
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (master’s or higher preferred).
- Candidates must have 7 plus years of experience in a cardiovascular practice (ambulatory) setting (will consider experience in non-cardiovascular if relevant but must have some experience in the cardiovascular space), including at least 3 years in an administrative and/or leadership role.
- Ability to work in changing environments, build collaborative relationships, and shift priorities when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a highly matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated experience and success developing business plans and/or meeting revenue targets.
- Proven record in building strategic professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders; in innovative and effective collaboration and communication; and in program management.
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal, presentation and organization skills with demonstrated track record of successful management.
- Good judgment/decision making skills. Ability to handle sensitive issues professionally and initiate new activities as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a team environment and work well with professionals in a challenging and fast-paced work environment.
- Capacity for innovative thinking and creative strategizing to invigorate efforts towards enhanced profitability.
- Ability to manage own schedule, including travel with a willingness to travel 75% of the time.
- 10 plus years working within the cardiovascular industry, with 10 plus years in an administrative or leadership role.
- Master’s or higher degree.
MedAxiom, an American College of Cardiology Company, is committed to advancing cardiovascular healthcare in the US together with our members, clients and industry partners.
We are the nation's leading cardiovascular community, providing valuable benefits to our members, expert consulting services to our clients and networking and partnering opportunities for industry. From exclusive data and data analytics to program excellence tools and world-class educational events, MedAxiom is dedicated to improving business and patient care outcomes for the cardiovascular community through knowledge sharing and thought leadership.