VP, Consulting - Hospital Care
The MedAxiom Consulting team is innovative, nimble and entrepreneurial. Our mission, which we share with our parent the American College of Cardiology, is to transform cardiovascular care and improve heart health. We are on the cutting edge of helping our community implement change and deliver value.
We are seeking consultants who understand our mission; have direct cardiovascular and administrative or leadership experience; have the ability to self-promote and business develop; have excellent communication and presentation skills; possess the ability to both work independently and with a team; have keen problem-solving skills; have the ability to work with a wide range of programs and individuals; possess the ability to manage multiple complex projects at once; and have the ability to travel regularly.
Professional growth and development are expected inside MedAxiom. Our consultants become experts in cardiovascular content areas broadly and in niche areas aligning with their interests. Our national footprint and the resources available inside our parent organization (ACC) are market separators. MedAxiom consultants influence and transform the national stage – from small organizations that are trying to find their way all the way to engagements with some of the most sophisticated CV organizations in the world looking to learn/refine specific offerings. Much is expected from our consultants who must be self-motivated and service oriented. However, much is received from working inside a rich, Team-based environment that ensures collaboration and support.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide cardiovascular consulting services to member and non-member CV programs, industry partners and other CV constituents throughout North America and around the world in the following areas:
- Vision setting and strategic planning
- Governance and leadership
- Service line development
- Operations, both inpatient and ambulatory
- Clinical integration and standardization
- Specialty clinic development and optimization
- New program development
- Workforce planning and development
- Provider compensation
- Physician / Hospital integration and alignment strategies
- Co-Management development
- Cath lab and Office Based Lab assessments, optimization and development services
- Population health
- Risk contracting
- Create written and electronic content around the above, working closely with internal MedAxiom and American College of Cardiology (ACC) resources
- Present and speak in front of large and small groups
- Business development both personally and on behalf of MedAxiom
- Bachelor’s Degree (master’s or higher preferred).
- Candidates must have 10 plus years of experience in hospital setting with at least 5 years in cardiovascular, including at least 3 years in an administrative and/or leadership role. We will consider non-hospital experience, such as industry, if relevant.
- Ability to work in changing environments, build collaborative relationships, and shift priorities when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a highly matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated experience and success developing business plans and/or meeting revenue targets.
- Proven record in building strategic professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders; in innovative and effective collaboration and communication; and in program management.
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal, presentation and organization skills with demonstrated track record of successful management.
- Good judgment/decision making skills. Ability to handle sensitive issues professionally and initiate new activities as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a team environment and work well with professionals in a challenging and fast-paced work environment.
- Capacity for innovative thinking and creative strategizing to invigorate efforts towards enhanced profitability.
- Ability to manage own schedule, including travel with a willingness to travel 50 - 75% of the time.
- 15 plus years working within the cardiovascular industry, with 10 plus years in an administrative or leadership role.
Master’s or higher degree.
MedAxiom, an American College of Cardiology Company, is the cardiovascular community’s premier source for organizational performance solutions. MedAxiom is transforming cardiovascular care by combining the knowledge and power of 425+ cardiovascular organization members, thousands of administrators, clinicians and coders and 35+ industry partners. Through the delivery of proprietary tools, smart data and proven strategies, MedAxiom helps cardiovascular organizations achieve the Quadruple Aim of better outcomes, lower costs, improved patient experience and improved clinician experience.