Cardiovascular Advanced Practice Providers Essential Education Series
MedAxiom Members: $999
Want to Enroll?
This 12-week course is designed for new CV APPs and those who want to refresh their knowledge. It is led by MedAxiom’s APP expert Ginger Biesbrock, a physician assistant and university professor, and features electrophysiology expert Maureen Knechtel and CV coding expert Nicole Knight as guest instructors.
By the end of this course, you will earn a total of 30 CME credits.
The course incorporates a mix of video, textbook and online learning to cover these essential CV APP topics:
- CV Medicine and Decision Making
- CV History and Physical Examination
- EKG Review
- Ischemic Heart Disease Part 1
- Ischemic Heart Disease Part 2
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Hypertension and Hyperlipidemia
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Structural Heart Disease
- APP Coding, Documentation, and Reimbursement
For APPs: This curriculum is designed to help new APPs immerse themselves in clinical cardiology – to understand what they are experiencing in the clinics and hospital, and provide a didactic review of the pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, therapies and clinical decision making.
For Employers of APPs: This curriculum will help jump start and support your APPs’ on-the-job learning and prove their level of competency in a quantitative manner.
meet the instructors
- Ginger Biesbrock, PA-C, MPH, MPAS, FACC
- Maureen Knechtel, MPAS, PA-C (Guest Instructor)
- Nicole Knight, LPN, CPC, CCS-P (Guest Instructor)
Each of the 12 weekly lessons has a 20-30 minute didactic video detailing the week’s focus followed by assigned reading and a quiz. This course can be taken at the student’s own pace, but must be completed within 12 months of starting the course. This is a pass/fail course; students must pass each weekly quiz with a score of 80% or above and complete the course evaluation in order to receive CME credits and a certificate of completion.
Total CME Credit Value
30 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc., designates this enduring online activity for a maximum of 30 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Required Readings (Sold Separately):
- Textbook: Braunwald, E., Mann, D., Zipes, D., Libby, P., & Bonow, R. (Eds.). (2015). Braunwald's Heart Disease - A textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine (11th ed.). Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders.
- Textbook: Knechtel M. EKGs for the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant 3rd ed. New York: Springer. 2021.
- Save 25% on EKGs for the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant. Click here, add textbook to cart, select “Apply Discount Code” and enter MedAxiom25.
Optional Readings (Sold Separately):
- Subscription: UpToDate - An Online Resource
QUESTIONS AND ASSISTANCE