Arkansas Heart Hospital provides insight on their success of implementing Pritikin’s comprehensive cardiac rehab program. According to Arkansas Heart Hospital Founder Bruce Murphy, MD “The Pritikin program has changed our culture in a very meaningful way. Our job at Arkansas Heart Hospital is not only to be the thought leaders in cardiovascular medicine, but also the implementers of the best strategies for patient care and for treating the complex nature of vascular disease.”
- Comprehensive lifestyle-change education
- Opportunity for improved health outcomes
- Enhanced engagement with Hospital Rehab staff
- Comprehensive program and support tools with flexible delivery options
- Improved patient satisfaction
- Reduce costly readmissions
- “Positioning for the future” … i.e. Bundled payments; ACO's
- Provides busy medical practices with a continuum of care which is evidence-based and comprehensive
The Pritikin Program has been taught for over 40 years at the Pritikin Longevity Center. With over 100 peer-reviewed, published scientific studies, the Pritikin Program is approved for reimbursement under a new benefit class, Intensive Cardiac Rehab (ICR).
Jenny Ray | Marketing Coordinator
Kevin Moore, Exectuive Director of Michigan Heart, sits down with MedAxiom's Joseph Sasson, to describe his program's journey with the Pritikin Intensive Cardiac Rehab Program. He says that the decision to implement an intensive cardiac rehab program was a "no brainer" because of the significant value that it brings to patients, to physicians and to the business. He offers advice to those who may be considering starting such a program.