KEEP COVID-19 OUT OF YOUR WAITING ROOM. MAINTAIN QUALITY CARE REMOTELY. EMPOWER QUARANTINED STAFF.
Partner News | Published: Thursday, March 19, 2020
ChronicCareIQ has specific features and protocols that will enable your staff to:
- Screen new and existing visits to keep COVID-19 out of the waiting room
- Launch and perform e-visits / telemedicine from directly within ChronicCareIQ
- Enhance patient communications
Maintain Staff Productivity – staff logging in from home can monitor, support, and communicate with patients
- Broadly to all – announcements, instructions, policies, etc.
- Specifically to some – any population or demographic you wish to address
- Individually to many – specific individuals through the web, text, email or app
Whether you're slowing or surging during the COVID-19 outbreak, you will have greater demand for:
- Remote visits for both new and existing patients
- Your availability – consultations, discussions and care coordination
- Active communications – reassurance, regular needs, new needs, etc
- Remote productivity – most practices are too lean to run with reduced staff
ChronicCareIQ can help and there are no additional charges except very small per-text fees. Taking the following steps sooner rather than later will help you maintain availability for new and existing patients, mitigate the surge and strain, and leverage staff quarantined at home.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- ChronicCareIQ – Don’t have it yet? Go live with all patients in 7 days.
- Familiarity with ChronicCareIQ features including: Announcements, Secure Patient Messaging, COMS protocol
- Your Practice Policies for COVID-19 Outbreak (or customize our template)
- Patient Education (or use the CDC's - we will update CCIQ University) - i.e. what to do if you or someone in your family is sick, prevention, etc...
STEP 1 – BEGIN ENROLLING
Communicate clearly why this new communication tool has become necessary. Encourage all patients to download your 'app' as an updated policy:
- On check in
- Through email blasts – automated features capture digital enrollment
- Through the Announcements Feature
STEP 2 – HOW THE COMMS PROTOCOL WORKS
The COMMS protocol makes use of two questions for activated patients:
- "Do you need an appointment?" – Includes follow-on questions to screen the patient for exposure to COVID-19 so you may direct appropriately to your policies.
- "Would you like a nurse to call you?" – Triages patients’ messages & requests while self-documenting the dialogue to maintain staff productivity
STEP 3 – PATIENT COMMUNICATION RECORDED AND FLAGGED
Patient communication will be flagged in the dashboard enabling staff (remote or on-site) to assess appointment or establish two-way digital communication.
Video visits can be launched as necessary.
STEP 4 – STAFF ALERTED
Staff are alerted to quickly review, triage, and maintain communication with patients. Digital communication diverts time spent on phone tag and documentation to clinical productivity.
- Documents itself
- Gets back to patients more quickly
- Reduces inbound phone calls
- Eases the stress and strain on on-site staff
ChronicCareIQ is designed to keep you and your staff productive throughout disruptions. The COMMS protocol enables staff to immediately and remotely begin managing and seeing patients.
- Keep COVID-19 Out of the Waiting Room – by screening and directing patients appropriately
- Launch E-visits / Telemedicine on demand
- Limit Productivity Loss – enables exposed staff to still be productive from home
- Maintain Good Communications – reduces patient anxiety, reduces multiple calls and streamlines care
- Reduce Workload – reduce inbound phone calls and associated documentation
- Prioritize – enables triage and prioritization which will be key in a surge
- Introduce Patients to Monitoring – documented outcomes show ChronicCareIQ patients have 29.3% fewer hospitalizations
To learn more, please contact Brendan McAuley at (917) 992-1443 or bmcauley@ChronicCareIQ.com.
Visit the MedAxiom COVID-19 Resource Page for the latest information and resources to help CV organizations navigate the global pandemic.