MedAxiom Industry Partner Solutions to Help Navigate COVID-19
Partner News | Published: Friday, March 20, 2020
The COVID-19 outbreak has escalated the need for innovative solutions to ensure high quality CV care can continue to be delivered to patients during this global pandemic. As a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, telehealth and virtual care delivery have emerged as invaluable tools for ensuring continuity of care.
Responding to the COVID-19 emergency, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services on March 17 issued telehealth expansion of physician services to allow clinicians to both care for patients who may be infected with COVID-19 and to exercise caution with all patients by keeping people out of waiting rooms where they may be exposed to the virus.
MedAxiom has compiled a list of telehealth/virtual solutions, screening tools and other resources from our industry partners and acquaintances to help arm CV organizations with tools for success in the face of COVID-19. Check back frequently as this list will grow.
- pMD®'s Secure Messaging™ and Video Chat functionality can support your practice when it comes to reliable, time-sensitive patient communication and remote care delivery. Cardiology groups using pMD are able to securely video or voice call with colleagues treating patients in a healthcare facility or directly with a patient to conduct a routine visit or other E&M services. Learn more. For more information, contact Ryan Sciacca at email@example.com or 1.800.587.4989 x6004.
- ChronicCareIQ has specific features and protocols that will enable your staff to screen new and existing visits to keep COVID-19 out of the waiting room, launch and perform e-visits/telemedicine from directly within ChronicCareIQ, enhance patient communications and maintain staff productivity. Learn more. For more information, contact Brendan McCauley at firstname.lastname@example.org (917) 992-1443.
- BioTelemetry expands MCOT™ service to monitor life-threating QT prolongation in COVID-19 patients.
- Moonlighting Solutions provides staffing support for telehealth programs (and traditional programs). For more info, contact Mike Guenther at email@example.com or 908.783.0678.
- Biome’s Performance Assessment Engine™ shows opportunities to optimize ventilator utilization and make 1000s of hours of vent time available from cardiovascular service lines. Learn more. For more information, contact Kate McGinley at Kate@biome.io or (412) 874-4291.
- RxVantage’s no-cost online platform helps medical practices connect with their life science rep and automate new protocol guidance communications to all practice locations ensuring everyone has the most accurate information. Learn more. Download a COVID-19 Vendor/Rep Visitation Protocol that can be customized to your organization. For more information, contact Jeremy Gilman at (310) 802-1258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preventice is launching a virtual cardiac rehab offering. For more information, contact Todd Rozas at email@example.com or (512) 773-8677.
- MDabstract’s remote manual abstraction and discrete data services allows telehealth patients to be properly “prepped” so clinicians have the EHR data they need.
- CardioFlux has emerged as a potential solution for overwhelmed chest pain triage inefficiencies. To learn how CardioFlux could be leveraged at your facility, please contact John Hart, VP of Global Commercial Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BetterConsult is offering MedAxiom members free 3-month utilization of their software for pre-screening purposes. Learn more. For more information, contact Chris Barakat at email@example.com or (832) 849-5593.
- InTouch Health provides an enterprise virtual care platform. Learn more.
If you reach out to one of these organizations, please let them know that you’re a MedAxiom member as they may offer you something extra of value to support CV programs in these challenging times.
Visit the MedAxiom COVID-19 Resources for CV Organizations page for the latest information and resources.