Browse Related Topics:
Webinar Recording: COVID-19 and the CV Service Line: Practical Approaches for an Unprecedented Pandemic- Part 1
Posted on: March 18, 2020
Jerry Blackwell, MD, MBA, FACC, President, MedAxiom
Cathie Biga, MSN, FACC, President/CEO, Cardiovascular Management of Illinois, Chairman Board of Managers, MedAxiom, ACC Board of Trustee
Geoffrey Rose, MD, FACC, Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute
Tyler Gluckman, MD, FACC, Medical Director of Excellence, Providence Heart & Vascular Institute
John Rebok, Group Vice President, American Group West, HCA Physician Services Group
Eugene Yang, MD, MS, FACC, Clinical Professor, Medical Director UW Medicine Eastside Specialty Center, Co-Director, UW Medicine Cardiovascular Wellness Prevention Program, Attending Physician University of Washington Medical Center
Join us for a roundtable discussion as CV clinical and administrative leaders share their experiences and thoughts on how to best manage the COVID-19 pandemic.
Key Topics of Discussion (subject to change given the developing situation):
1. Situational Update: Worldwide and in the U.S. (The Singapore/Taiwan experience; Lessons learned from the Northern Italy experience; Washington State experience: How UW and local civic/business communities are approaching COVID-19)
2. Virtual Health Strategies (What you can implement immediately; What you could implement in 1-2 weeks)
3. Care of the Inpatient (Confirmed & suspected cases; Prioritizing care for the health needs of non-COVID patients; Managing Type 1 & 2, Myocarditis triage, with implications for cath lab management, including downshifting from PCI to lytics in isolation for systems reaching capacity limits)
4. Operational thoughts (Screening best practices; Program impact: rehab, elective procedures, etc.; Use of communication and telehealth codes (Telehealth update from CMS and private payors; Symptomatic testing vs. community testing; Resource rationalization – ventilators, physicians, staff; Impact on compensation)
5. How to support and protect your CV caregivers (Triaging approaches; PPE musts; Staffing challenges to anticipate)
View Part 2 of this series HERE.
View the MedAxiom COVID-19 Resource Hub HERE.