Clinical documentation is at the core of every patient encounter. In order to be meaningful it must be accurate, timely, and reflect the scope of services provided. Recognizing the value of clinical documentation is key as we shift towards a focus on value and data transparency.
Download this rich resource to learn more about:
- Clinical Documentation Improvement – Why It Matters: We hear about “quality metrics,” MACRA, ACOs, and “population health approach,” etc. What is the impact on the evolution of health care for the Revenue Cycle?
- Evaluation and Management 101: This two-part session focuses on the documentation requirements for E&M services, including critical care, teaching physician and NPP guidelines.
- Apply the E&M Guidelines and Audit Tool Concepts: Participants will have the opportunity to audit and discuss real-world cardiovascular specific scenarios.
- ICD-10-CM Updates: Are you coding to the highest level of specificity contained in your documentation? This session covers the continued impact of ICD-10 CM coding.
- E&M Modifiers: Correct modifier use is an important part of avoiding non-compliance issues. We discuss appropriate use of modifier 25, global service modifiers and understanding CCI edits.
- Understanding the MedAxiom RiskOmeter and CMS E&M Bell Curves: Review tools that can assist with understanding the distribution of utilization by code within each E&M category.
- Creating and Managing an Audit Program: Learn how to create an audit plan, document education/compliance activities.
- Compliance and Auditing in Electronic Medical Records: This presentation looks at the risks of the electronic health record, common issues found in EMR chart auditing, and strategies and challenges for the coder/auditor to ensure compliance and accuracy of the health record.
An Expert-Led Workshop—Delivered to You
You will receive a PDF with links to all the educational presentations delivered by the experts at the 2016 Clinical Documentation/E&M Workshop, allowing you to watch each session in its entirety.
Click here to preview the PDF package and see full session descriptions.
Members: $199 per organization
If you are a MedAxiom Member, please contact us at (904) 249-1880 or email@example.com to receive the discount code for the member rate.
Non-Members: $299 per organization
Or go to this URL: https://members.medaxiom.com/cgi/ma_creg.pgm?CFCFID=00142
For more information please contact MedAxiom at (904) 249-1880 or firstname.lastname@example.org