2021 Proposed Fee Schedule & HOPPS Rules: What do the Proposals Mean for Cardiology?
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) on Aug. 3 released the proposed 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule in tandem with the proposed 2021 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (HOPPS) rule. Join us for an overview of the proposals that may impact CV services.
Overview of the highlights:
- Impact to the conversion factor and overall reimbursement including updates to work and/or practice expense values
- Appropriate use criteria mandate implementation
- Quality Payment Program polices and changes
- HOPPS proposed rule key points
- Proposed revision to Evaluation and Management documentation and payment
- Improving rural and telehealth services and access
- Proposals addressing professional scope of practice
- Removal of outdated NCDs