Cardiovascular Advanced Practice Providers (APP) Essential Education Series
Want to Register?
You must be logged in with either a Guest or Member Account to purchase an enrollment.
This 12-week course is designed for new cardiovascular (CV) APPs and those who want to refresh their knowledge. It is led by MedAxiom’s expert APP consultant team of Ginger Biesbrock and Jacob Turmell, who are both APPs and university instructors. This course also features guest instructor and cardiovascular coding expert Nicole Knight. By the end of this course, you will have earned a total of 31 CME credits. The course incorporates video, textbook, and online learning to cover these essential CV APP topics:
- CV Medicine and Decision Making
- CV History and Physical Examination
- EKG Review
- Ischemic Heart Disease Part 1
- Ischemic Heart Disease Part 2
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Hypertension and Hyperlipidemia
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Structural Heart Disease
- APP Coding, Documentation, and Reimbursement
While this course is designed to take 12 weeks to complete, we understand that everyone will be working at their own pace. Please consult with your leadership to determine the optimal completion timeframe for you and note that access to the quizzes and instructors will expire 6 months after the start of the course.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS:
- Ginger Biesbrock, PA-C, MPH, MPAS, AACC
- Jacob Turmell, DNP, RN, NP-C, ACNS-BC, CCRN-CMC
- Nicole Knight, LPN, CPC, CCS-P (Guest Instructor)
Instructor email: email@example.com
Students will need to have access to email; we will use email to send notifications and announcements and conduct Q&A. Students can expect a response to their questions within 48 hours, M-F.
For technical support, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Expect:
Download the course syllabus here.
Each weekly lesson has a 20-30 minute didactic video detailing the week’s focus followed by assigned reading and a quiz.
Note: Week 1 does not include a video. Week 4 and Week 12 do not include a quiz.
This is a pass/fail course based on the completion of the 12-week material. This course can be done at the student’s own pace. However, each student will have a maximum of four months to complete the course material, every weekly quiz with a score of 80% or above, and the course feedback survey in order to receive the CME credits and certificate of completion.
Explanation of Course Credits:
Total CME Credit Value: 31.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Weekly Breakdown of Hours:
Week 1: 2.13
Week 2: 0.90
Week 3: 4.37
Week 4: 3.23
Week 5: 3.17
Week 6: 2.13
Week 7: 1.13
Week 8: 1.32
Week 9: 4.68
Week 10: 2.18
Week 11: 4.23
Week 12: 0.63
Note: Our resources include some of the most authoritative and popular publications and sites; we find that most CV healthcare organizations have access to them. If you prefer to purchase books or subscriptions, we have provided links below.
Resources Sold Separately:
- Required Textbook: Braunwald, E., Mann, D., Zipes, D., Libby, P., & Bonow, R. (Eds.). (2015). Braunwald's Heart Disease - A textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine (11th ed.). Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders.
Note: Due to variations between 11th ed. and 10th ed., we provide chapter’s name and number from both editions. in the weekly reading assignments. Please refer to each week for further information or check the syllabus by clicking here.
- Required Textbook: Shade, Bruce. Fast and Easy ECGs: A Self-Paced Learning Program.
- Optional Subscription: Up to date - An Online Resource
Note: This paid subscription and all corresponding readings are OPTIONAL but they are beneficial to reach optimal understanding of course material.
- Electronic Links: ACC/AHA guidelines, Online Articles, Supporting Slides, Supporting Youtube Videos, PDF
Want to Register?
You must be logged in with either a Guest or Member Account to purchase a enrollment.